You've invested a lot in your home - both your money
and your hard work. When it's time to sell, you want to
get the most money you can out of your home and also
protect your family and your finances.
Before you sell
There are some important things to consider before
you put your home on the market or commit to buying
Do you even need an agent?
Some people consider trying to sell their home
themselves. Here are a few things to consider before
you make this decision.
- Are you comfortable negotiating prices? Can you
deal with low-ball offers?
- Are you familiar enough with contracts to protect
- Do you know all of the appropriate laws regarding
disclosure and similar matters?
- How will you deal with a buyer who wants to
change the conditions of the contract?
- How will you be covered legally if the buyer
brings up an issue at a later date?
- Are you comfortable with unescorted strangers in
If you are behind in your mortgage payments
or "upside-down" in your home
Don't wait until your home is in foreclosure before
trying to sell. Call us for advice on how to possibly
save your home or lessen the negative impact on your